How to set up and play the flute
Here are 5 easy steps for new users on how to set up your flute.
1. Make sure that your flute case is on the most stable place that it can be at, which is on the floor. Then, open the case right side up.
2. Grab the head joint and the body joint. Gently twist these two parts together using the turning slide of the head joint and the top part of the body joint.
3. Remember that you want to line the the line of keys up with the embouchure hole.
3. Next, grab the foot joint and gently twist it onto the assembled head and body joint.
5. Finally, make sure that the rod of the foot joint is centered with the line of keys on the body joint.
Preparing to play
1. Assemble your flute
2. Sit up straight on the edge of your chair.
3. Make a "C" with your left hand so that you form a shelf for the flute to rest on top of. Place your left thumb on the long straight key on the underside of the flute (which is also known as the B-flat key). Curl your fingers around so that they rest on the three tone holes. Refer to the diagram below.
4. Put your right thumb under the flute and curl your fingers around to cover the last three tone holes. Put your pinky finger on the E-flat key. Refer to the diagram below.
5. Lift up the flute to you face. Placing the lip plate right under your mouth.
6. Finally, cover a quarter of the embouchure hole with your lower lip and blow across the hole.